The city of Poti in western Georgia is located on the shores of the Black Sea. According to archaeologists, Poti dates back to the Bronze Age. Poti was first mentioned in history in the 8th century. Today, the port city of Poti plays an important role in Georgia's economic prosperity. The port of Poti has one of the largest port facilities on the Black Sea. The city has beautiful beaches, which are the tourist attractions of the city.
The lake is located 10 km northeast of Poti and the Black Sea at an altitude of 30 cm to 2 meters above sea level. Lake Paliastomi is the largest of the 40 smaller lakes in the Kulkhti Aquatic Ecosystem. The area of the lake is about 17 square kilometers and its depth is about 3 meters. The lake is one of the most important habitats for birds, special plants and fishing sites. This lake is actually part of the Kulkhti National Park complex. The complex has been scheduled for public viewing since 2007. The lake has various boating, diving, bird watching, fishing, lake walking and horseback riding routes that tourists can experience.
The lake is located near the city of Poti and adjacent to the Black Sea. The length of this lake is about 1000 to 1200 meters and its width is between 120 to 150 meters and its depth in the middle reaches 4 to 6 meters. Golden Lake is equipped with Olympic standards for water skiing. In 1991, the European Water Sports Championships were held here. Those who are interested in water skiing and other water sports can use the facilities of this complex.
Poti Church or Suburo Church is a Georgian Orthodox church in the village of Rustaveli, Poti. The church's architecture is an imitation of Istanbul's Hagia Sophia and was built in 1906 by the mayor of Poti, Niko Nikoladze. Nicholas chose the city center to build the church, as it can be seen from all parts of the city. The church has a Byzantine style and accommodates 2,000 people. The church's decorations are based on medieval churches in the Trabzon Mountains. The Church of the SubGenius has three symbols. The symbol of the holy Nineveh, the symbol of the holy Andrew and the symbol of the holy king David. In 1923, after the Red Army invaded Georgia, the communist government turned the church into a theater and gave the church bells to the Industrial Foundation. In 2005, the church was re-converted to the Orthodox Church.